On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 6:25 PM, Harry Putnam <rea...@newsguy.com> wrote:

> [Note: This may appear as a double post or some goofy cross post
>  I inadvertently posted this on the openindiana group when I was
>  supposed to go here, opensolaris.general
>
> I've been pawing around with google looking for a standard way to set
> up a static IP address on newer opensolaris builds, in this case b
> 134.
>
> I see at least 3 different methods described... all different.
>
> The most recent appears to be Jan 2010... but doesn't say what build.
>
> Before I start just mucking around experimenting, isn't there a tried
> and true way to do this by now?
>
> Some straightforward numbered guide that works for recent builds?

The "legacy" /etc/hostname.* approach (covered in the Solaris 10 docs)
will work on any build if you disable NWAM and enable physical:default
as described in nwamd(1).

If you only have one interface you can use the NWAM static
configuration mentioned in nwamd(1). This works in builds prior to 135
(when NWAM Phase I integrated), for later builds, you can use nwamcfg
or the graphical nwam-manager.

-Albert