On 11/21/10 01:42, carlopmart wrote:
On 11/21/2010 09:07 AM, Edward Martinez wrote:
Hi all,

First of all, sorry for the off-topic. I would like
  to use a ZFS solution on my
ome server to share vols/directories using iSCSI
and/or NFS services between two
ESXi hosts.

In terms of performance, license and (free) support
  which can be the best option:
exentaStor CE or Solaris 11 Express??

   Thanks.
-
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com

Hi

Solaris 11 express does not come with free support, I' not a lawyer, but I don't think the license will be an issue for home use.

I have been using nexenta core, the base of nexentastor, on couple of my systems at home since april and it's stable, i really like it.

they offer nexentastor community edition it is loaded with feature and it's free to use:

http://www.nexentastor.org/projects/site/wiki/CommunityEdition

Sorry for not clarify the issue of support. With support I meant to install patches and upgrades between releases, not a commercial support.

         Hi,

The only one I know of that currently offers patches is solaris 11 ex, however, you would basically need to purchase a contract,prices vary :

http://www.oracle.com/us/products/servers-storage/solaris/non-sun-x86-081976.html

Honestly for home use i don't think you would require updates,patches since you wont be using it,let say, to do billons of dollars in transactions, or running a data center I think either nexentastor ce or sol 11, even opensolaris snv_134b ex would be a good choice.

   Regards
   Edward