On 11/09/11 14:22, Ian Collins wrote:
On 11/10/11 11:17 AM, Shawn Walker wrote:
On 11/09/11 13:48, Ian Collins wrote:
So it does. I also had to remove wine, in response to

pfexec pkg uninstall openoffice
Creating Plan -
pkg uninstall: The requested change to the system attempts to install
multiple actions
for dir 'usr/share/applications' with conflicting attributes:

1 package delivers 'dir group=bin mode=0755 owner=root
path=usr/share/applications':
pkg://contrib.opensolaris.org/wine@1.0.1,5.11-0.101:20081209T223210Z
60 packages deliver 'dir group=other mode=0755 owner=root
path=usr/share/applications', including:

The wording in that error is a bit confusing, shouldn't "to install" be
"to uninstall"? Some form of force option may help with these petty
conflicts.
The package system has to ensure the system is in a correct state. It
can't do that unless it can guarantee that all packages agree on what
the correct state.

I know that sucks when you have broken packages, but it's the only way
to ensure that "pkg fix" and "pkg verify" work as expected (among other
things).

That's why pkg doesn't have any force options.

I see, that makes sense.

Please note that you shouldn't have this problem when upgrading again in the future because the conflict checking logic pkg now has wouldn't have allowed you to install the packages in the first place.

I hope some of the issues in this thread find their way into the release
notes to assist others.
The contrib repositories are all long gone as noted by the web page up
there now.

I suggest someone adds a note on how to find and remove problematic
opensolaris.org packages. I'm sure anyone who has a system which started
life as an OpenSolaris box with have some.

Just for reference for this searching and finding this thread:

pkg uninstall 'pkg://opensolaris.org/*' \
  'pkg://contrib.opensolaris.org/*'

-Shawn