partion wizard home edition 4.1 will make any windows based non-primary
partitions as primary.
1. i searched in dowload.com for partition manager. I selected on based on user
and edit rating.
2. I installed it on my wintel.
3. Right Click on any non -primary partition->modify->set/make as primary
option. 4. Click Apply. Click Restart.
System will get restarted. Your selected partition will  be made as primary. If
you made this partition as empty already, you can go ahead with open solaris
installation(open solaris will now detect the newly made primary partition).
If you are coming from windows side and
want to run opensolaris along side windows on non-primary partition, this app
will help. As it already helped me. It all took less than an hour without any
reading through any manual.  Hope you will find this as another user friendly
unix flavor!!!