Hi
I just setup an OpenSolaris 2009.06 machine - 12 GB Ram with
4x2TB drives in a RaidZ config (and a separate boot device).
I set up an smb share (which didn't work till I rebooted twice) and copied
files over. After a few tens of gigabytes being copied, the ethernet connection
went away. I was able to manually disable and enable the connection which got
it working but smb did not restart (even doing an scmadm enable -r smb/server).
Rebooting it got it working again but after using SMB/CIFS for a little while I
experienced the problem again. I went through the log files and fmdump (empty)
but couldn't find any issues.
I updated to snv 125 hoping it would solve the problem. This time the copy
lasted longer (a few hundred gigabyte) but the pattern repeated.
Any advice on what to look at would be appreciated.