> Hmm, NVIDIA documents SLI as supported, see this
> local file on your opensolaris machine:
>
>  file:///usr/share/doc/NVIDIA/html/chapter-22.html
>  file:///usr/share/doc/NVIDIA/html/index.html

Thanks jkeil!  This reply is from the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe, with ONE NVidia
Card installed (one physically not) from OpenSolaris LiveCD.  Using the file
links you sent, it looked like install one first, install second card, then
reconfigure.  Using those links, I went on to fiind this:

file:///usr/share/doc/NVIDIA/html/chapter-20.html  "Configuring SLI and
Multi-GPU FrameRendering"
Which says:
"If you want to link together separate graphics cards, you should use the "SLI"
X config option."

And says for Hardware:
SLI functionality requires:
    *  Identical PCI-Express graphics cards
    *   A supported motherboard
    *   In most cases, a video bridge connecting the two graphics cards

Reading the links you provided and going through the above, sort of lays out  a
logical plan:
a. Install with one card. The install will install the NVidia Driver with the
NVidia Xconfig.
b.  Install the second physical NVidia card and the SLI bridge cable.
c.  Boot up the system,.  Config BIOS Bridge (NForce 4... Other boards use a
hardware bridge trigger).
d.  Configure the SLI manually through editing Xconfig or use NVidia-xconfig (
% nvidia-xconfig --sli=on )
The first physical card that was origanally install will be the primary card.
The NVidia Xconfig and the bridges will pass-through the video to the
secondardary card through the NVidia Driver.  All least, that's my current
understanding of all this.

> suspect that this worked in previous (Open)Solaris
> releases; maybe it got broken after OpenSolaris
> upgraded to Xorg 1.7.x ??

I don't know.  The documentation say's it's a Sun Drver, but the hardware
they're describing is Older than mine, with is also old (compared to current
NVidia cards).  Maybe it's just a glitch in the LiveCD device probe/config
script.  What I'm afraid of is that I'll install the second card and it will
hang on the boot, before I can configure it in. I guess we'll see.

I'll try the install the OS and see how far I get.  At least I'll have a fall
back point that I can snapshot.  LOL