I've built the latest OpenSolaris kernel and attempted to boot it. The boot
hung on the splash screen so I set console=ttya on the boot line and saw that
the kernel is complaining about various functions being undefined. There are
about a dozen listed and here's an example tod_set_prev(), tod_status_clear(),
tod_status_set(), and e_ddi_branch_unconfigure() just to name a few.

It's been a few months, but I know I built and installed a kernel without
trouble. I created a new boot environment, ran Install to create a tarball,
extracted that tarball, and then used bootadm to update the archive.

Does anyone have an idea as to why these routines might not be defined?
----
Rick McNeal
rick.mcn...@lsi.com

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man
stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit
belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust
and seat and blood; who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and
again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself
in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high
achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring
greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who
know neither victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt