I agree Gareth, but I don't believe it was a "former" team member. As far as
I know, Fractured is still on the development team, and it would be hard to
kick him out as he owns both the website and the sim.

They've said that it was Fractured, and that some of the people on the
development team had known it was going since the 9th on in a recording of
them talking about the incident.

Yes, it was a distributed denial of service attack. Multiple drones were
involved, and access to the site was periodically impossible, I don't know
how clearer it can get. It should have been obvious that I'm not equipped to
handle 6500 times my regular amount of traffic just so Fractured can have a
nice lol, and it definitely wasn't alright to use his own users to do so.

As for the comment about "that viewer" being used to crash Emerald users on
old versions of Emerald using the information EmKDU put into baked textures,
it's entirely false. There are no new asset-based crashes that I can think
of since the versions of Emerald that have already been blacklisted
(pre-1634,) and there are no crashers in "that viewer", much less
Emerald-specific ones. It was more used to tell who was using Onyx when it
was pointed out to me that Onyx now pretends to be Emerald by using their
Tag and channel name (but uses a different build number as they're in
different repos). Makes sense after people made a big stink about Onyx
having features like you might see in "those viewers", though.

For example: Emerald Viewer 1.4.0.626 - Phox ModularSystems