On 2010-09-01 9:46, Francesco Rabbi wrote:

> No, this is a client side problem in file handling, not an HTTP
> problem... You can parallelize billions of download,
Whether or not you _can_, you _shouldn't_.  The HTTP spec is quite clear
on this point.

We'd get much better performance than we're getting now if we fixed the
servers to support persistent connections; there's a lot of overhead in
setting up a new connection - extra round trips plus TCP slow-start.