On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 6:57 AM, Daniel <danielravenn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Apparently you don't chat much, mine is ten times larger over the same
> period.

I only logged IMs for two years.

So my chat.txt file is 15409876 bytes and 265570 lines which gives me
an average message size of 58 bytes. The 115 bytes for llsd would be
~66% over head per line which is a bit excessive (that's sarcasm).

Just to be clear I think this is a stupid change. I'm arguing for it
because so many people were screaming the sky was falling without
backing it up with hard numbers or even a user story, which has now
been provided.