what happened to get the issue to occur for me.  I installed the storm-34
developer viewer.  logged in with cummere mayo.  set the option to show the
favorites.  logged out.   started the viewer.  it worked as expected. logged
out.  back in. still worked as expected.  logged out.
changed account to erinyse planer.   logged in.  logged back out.   started
viewer.   favorites were not there (as expected)  changed account back to
cummere mayo.  logged in.  made sure preference was still on.  (it was) logged
out. restarted the viewer: favorites no longer show up.

have tried reseeting the preference while logged in multiple times.  didnt fix
it. have tried reinstalling the viewer.  worked great till i logged in an
account and didnt set the preferences.   NOTE: even enabling the preference on
the erinyse account and logging out then switching logging in cummere mayo and
logging off still doesnt allow it to work.  Im not sure if soemthing is
corrupting the prefences file or what...  which is why im asking if others can
repo this?