On 4/13/2012 3:08 PM, glen wrote:
My timer is ony 0.25, not 0.02. I get very, very little stutter and then only on sims that are too loaded for me to be in anyway.

I think I set the timer to 0.2s or 0.25s for ZHAO-II. Been a while since I tested it, but AFAIK, my results matched yours - some stutter on sims that were heavily loaded, where it wasn't clear that a faster timer would help or would make things worse. No perceptible lag on unloaded sims.

Kadah wrote:

   /I believe FS's was designed to mimic the ZHAO II hud, it even uses its config
notecards. "Franimation Overrider" is a new one to me./

ZHAO-II was born from ZHAO-I, which was born from Franimation, which was created by Francis Chung. Franimation is a direct ancestor of ZHAO-II, and is much older. There would have been no ZHAO without Franimation.

I don't really have any insights into the client vs. server vs. scripted AO debate. I think adding asynchronous events would be a very good short-to-medium-term solution, and any scripted AO that used them would probably cause low enough sim load that the whole question could be punted for a long time. Assuming script load is the reason this is being considered.