I think it’s likely that the initial launcher isn’t going to switch
discrete graphics mode in to detect it. (Isn’t it just a python script?)

You’re either going to have to go off of the chipset detected or maybe add
some GL intense splash screen to the launcher that causes the system to
kick over to discrete mode in order to detect the discrete GPU.

On June 30, 2017 at 11:02:28 AM, Nat Goodspeed (n...@lindenlab.com) wrote:

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Nicky Perian <nickyper...@gmail.com>
wrote:

On my alienware it is a Nvidia setting to use its driver as default and can
> also be set for a specific *.exe program name.
>
> On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Jonathan Welch <jhwe...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Some systems have two built in graphics chips such as Lenovo laptops with
>> a system called Optimus. One graphics chip is very weak and the other much
>> stronger, bit also more power hungry. As I recall it took a while to
>> register the .EXE name with Nvidia so the stronger chip runs the viewer.
>>
>> Is this registration underway already?

I don't know about that registration, but will ask.

What I think you're saying, though, is that detection of the issue may be
complicated. In fact it might be impossible for SL_Launcher.exe to detect
which potential graphics driver is configured to handle our viewer. Is that
a fair statement?
Please read the policies before posting to keep unmoderated posting
privileges