But Vulkan bears virtually no resemblance to OpenGL. Some might consider it
next generation OpenGL but it's really a whole new API, based on "Mantle"
from AMD. It's also much more difficult to use than OpenGL and requires
more systems programming expertise than typical graphics oriented APIs.
It's also not supported by Apple either, but I've heard some good things
about MoltenVK (a Vulkan abstraction on top of Metal).