mikema> The make file was runing on Openvms Alpha V7.1-2 CC057 system,
mikema> and OpenVMS Alpha V6.2-1H3 CC052. The test error was same:
mikema>
mikema> $ bdefin openssl_no_asm yes
mikema> $ [ssl.openssl-0_9_4] @[.test]tests
[...]
mikema> test a^b%c implementations
mikema> ............................................................................
mikema> ....
mikema> ............................................................................
mikema> ....
mikema> ........................................ done
mikema> cat
mikema> %SYSTEM-F-ACCVIO, access violation, reason mask=00, virtual
mikema> address=000000000000
mikema> 0000, PC=0000000000000000, PS=0000001B
[...]
Interesting. For all non-VMS ppl here, an access violation is the
same as a "Segmentation fault" or the like under Unix. The above is
the typical thing you get when you're trying to dereference NULL.
Something I can't really understand is where the "cat" comes from, and
finding out may lead to an answer on the NULL dereferencing.
Currently, unfortunately, I don't have any Alpha with those versions
of OpenVMS to play with, or I would make a test run.
BTW, how did compilation go? No problems? (and I'm not thinking
about the informational messages you get when you compile
[crypto.bn.asm]vms.mar).
--
Richard Levitte \ Spannv�gen 38, II \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Redakteur@Stacken \ S-161 43 BROMMA \ T: +46-8-26 52 47
\ SWEDEN \ or +46-708-26 53 44
Procurator Odiosus Ex Infernis -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.
______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project http://www.openssl.org
Development Mailing List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Automated List Manager [EMAIL PROTECTED]