From: Dr Stephen Henson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

drh> Thats the problem. I've got various possible solutions but all
drh> involve some disruption and breaking of existing code :-(

I assume one of the solutions is to toss all those *_init() functions
and have *_new() functions instead, thereby requiring that the heap be
used at all times.

In any case, I'd say that it's better to break existing code now
rather than after version 1.0 (I recall someone saying something like
this in the beginning of the summer).  And yes, I know I'm creating
more work for myself among others by saying it :-).

In any case, nothing stops us from keeping the *_init() functions and
use them internally.

--
Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Redakteur@Stacken  \ S-161 43  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.