Chris.Ridd> > The reason I have to cover what's in drafts is because most of what's
out there
Chris.Ridd> > is implemented from drafts rather than final standards (leading to
problems
Chris.Ridd>
Chris.Ridd> You're right; this is something I've noticed PKI vendors (in
Chris.Ridd> particular) do a lot, and clearly shouldn't.

Uhmmm, like that's unique to vendors (for a commercial definition of
"vendor")...  Another example is ssh, which exists in a number of free
implementation that have stayed with protocol version 1.5 (which never
became an RFC) and are not moving (and in some cases: will not move)
to protocol version 2 (which is, IIRC, an RFC, or at least has a
greater chance of getting there).

Let's face it, the world is littered with people who see a "cool
draft" and can't wait to start implementing, and then get stuck, or
don't really have the time to finish or go all the way...

--
Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Redakteur@Stacken  \ S-161 43  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.