Bodo Moeller wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 12:39:26PM -0800, Sean Walker wrote:
> > Not a chance. The defines are incorrect and remove essential functions.

%< snip >%

> Some time ago I verified that, for some version of OpenSSL 0.9.4-dev
> or 0.9.5-dev, compiling the software with no-rsa works (and DSA/DH
> connections work with the resulting software).  I used Mingw32 then,
> and it may use the DEF files differently, but certainly the software
> linked as expected.  Did you run all the appropriate script in the ms
> subdirectory to build the DEF files?  Did it correctly read the options from
> Makefile.ssl in the top directory (you can insert a line "print;" in
> the function definition for read_options in util/mk1mf.pl to verify
> what options reach the program)?

OK, I have had nothing but trouble getting no-rsa to compile on my
machine. I was extremely frustrated when I sent that post. I followed
the directions that I thought were correct and everything seemed to
work. When I went to link it into my program, some functions weren't
found that were actually in the chain of events. There were a few
functions used. I made some changes and reran all the scripts. Oh, did I
mention that I am using Visual C++? That is where most of my problems
originated. I hate Visual C++. I did then manage to get everything to
link for SSLv3 only. I can't use SSLv2 without RSA. Is this normal?
After compiling without RSA, I couldn't get my connections to work. Code
that worked with the RSA code now doesn't. I am not using any specific
algs, I am letting SSL negotiate those. Still nothing. Is there
something I am missing? I'll check into this further when I have the
time. Right now I am off on a different tangent. Dialup. I hate dialup.
;)

Sean Walker
Dingbat Designs