Bruce Stephens wrote:

> I haven't tested.  I'd guess index.txt would cause some things to slow
> performance (but possibly not---I'm assuming there are linear searches
> around).  The public keys seem to be kept in separate files in a
> directory: however they get used, that's going to cause some prblems
> on some filesystems.
>
> However, I'd guess the current design is probably fine for, say, 10000
> certificates.  Specific applications might find the scalability a
> problem, but for most purposes it's fine.

I have tested it with 500.000 certificates and gave me no problems, but
our question is about 5/10 Millions of certificates. What about file
system capabilities (let's say for UNiX systems like Linux/SunOS/FreeBSD/

Someone has ever got to think about similar problems ???

C'you,

        Massimiliano Pala ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature