Lutz

Please apologize this questions. It is definitely NOT personally!
I do not doubt in your work!

> Since the patch is a 70kB context diff, I don't want to send it over the
> mailing list. It can be downloaded in its latest version "B.02" from
>    ftp://ftp.aet.tu-cottbus.de/pub/postfix_tls/related/openssl-patch/
> - From my point of view, the work on the patch is finished.
>   (With the exception of the bit strength values that are now hardcoded
>   in the tables; is 3DES 168 bits or 112 as discussed on this list?)
> - I would appreciate any bug report, comment etc.
> - This patch should be included into the OpenSSL source for the
> next release.
>
> For details, please check the appended README.
> This patch was partly inspired by Ben Laurie in private communication.

How's the procedure to integrate such a patch in OpenSSL? Lutz is not
an official member of the OpenSSL dev group. Does the group trust in
such patches? Furthermore the patch is stored on a public ftp server
without any integrity check. Who does a review of this 70k patch
and how is it tested?

Regards Rene