On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 10:20:47AM +0100, Lutz Jaenicke wrote:

> - There is (unfortunately) no "official" way to submit bug reports or patches
>   listed.  There is openssl-bugs, which is however gated to openssl-dev...

The "official" way to submit bug reports (mail to openssl-bugs) and to
submit patches (mail to openssl-dev) are described in the README.

Of course, if you know (e.g. from the CVS history or the STATUS file)
which developer is most familiar with the code you are working on,
it's a good idea to get in touch directly, as you did.

When someone has looked at the patch and committed it, a context diff
is automatically posted to openssl-cvs. The other development team
members and everybody else interested can then double-check. (That of
course also applies when one of the development team members makes a
change himself. It's not as though we always get everything right the
first time. :)