"Salz, Rich" wrote:

> Very very bad idea.  There are various alternative ways of getting fast
> online status; OCSP is one.  Valicert has a cute patenteded data structure
> called CRT's that can be effective.  Entrust has a way of "delegating" CRL's
> that might work.

Sorry, I'm not looking for patented or proprietary solutions, I was wondering
if my problem could be solved by standards. At last I decided that the only
way of generating such informations would be having an OCSP reponder that
gives revoked the suspended certificate with, in exts, reason set to
certificateHold ...

> Look around.  Don't invent a new mechanism; it is not needed.

That was my porpouse... :-D

C'you,

        Massimiliano Pala ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature