From: Ben Laurie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

ben> Also, why not autobuild in crypto/objects instead of requiring a make
ben> update? Seems to work fine for me (though it may happen at the wrong
ben> moment, currently).

I don't recall the exact discussion we had about exactly this (if was
object.h and obj_dat.h that were the issue back then), but the result
was having to do a make update when you wanted it updated.  Basically,
obj_mac.h and obj_mac.num are files at the same level as the error
code files.  I dunno about you, but it feels like a pretty natural
thing to have the object database being updated at make update time.
Look at it this way: how often do we update the OID list?

In any case, I'm working on doing this completely differently,
basically reading OIDs and LDAP schemas straight of RFC's and similar
files...  But you know that already :-).

--
Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Chairman@Stacken   \ S-168 35  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.