From: Lutz Jaenicke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: þâ 27 îøõ 2001 14:06þ
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: your mail

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 01:56:03PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> while creating a new private key , i give a password, and later i create a
> request and a certificate according to it.
> is there a way for me to change the passowrd without recreating the ca or
> the privatekey?

Provided you know the old passphrase, you can use the "openssl rsa" command
to modify passphrases.
If you have lost or forgotten the old passphrase, you of course cannot
recover the key (otherwise we could stop working on cryptography :-).

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/