On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Tomek Samcik wrote:

>   While making openssl I get "Inconsistency between crypto.h and
>   cryptlib.c" error message.

I have seen this when symbolic linking fails. You didn't say what
platform you are on or which version of openssl you are trying to
compile. Check to see if crypto.h is the same (or symlinked) in the
crypto and include/openssl directories. If not, the symbolic linking
is your problem. If you are using openssl-0.9.6a, see my patch for
DOS/CYGWIN, which should fix this problem for any platform where
symbolic linking fails. It is in the archives at:
"http://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-dev@openssl.org/msg08992/096a.pch.gz";

If you have an unusual operating system, you may need to modify the
patch of point.sh to force copying instead of symlinking.
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]