Has anyone done any work on the asm for the PPC platform? I'm using 0.9.6a
on Mac OSX.

gprof shows that most of my time is spent in the bn routines that are
normally asm (on other platforms):

  %   cumulative   self              self     total
 time   seconds   seconds    calls  ms/call  ms/call  name
 50.0       0.03     0.03                             _bn_mul_add_words[1]
 33.3       0.05     0.02                             _bn_sqr_comba8 [2]

I'm using the following:
 localhost> openssl version -a
 OpenSSL 0.9.6a-beta3 30 Mar 2001
 built on: Wed Apr  4 13:12:36 EDT 2001
 platform: Darwin
 blowfish(idx)
 compiler: cc -DTHREADS -D_REENTRANT -DTIMES -DTIMES -DNO_GMTIME_R -O3

Any tips?  Anyone from Apple, IBM or Motorola care to comment?

Thanks,
Steve