Date sent:              Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:39:00 -0500
From:                   Vern Staats <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:                Re: cvs commit: openssl/ssl kssl.c

I just wish the logic worked, then I would not have to worry about
turning on the debug stuff!

Ken

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 06:37:35PM +0000, Dr S N Henson wrote:
> Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> >
> > To make it very clear, the locations that I'm seeing warnings are:
> > ssl\kssl.c:
> >
> > In print_krb5_data() kdata->length is unsigned
> > In print_krb5_keyblock() keyblk->length is unsigned
> > [...etc]
>
> As I mentioned I got kerberos 1.2.4 sources from:
> http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/pool/non-US/main/k/krb5
>
> kdata is of type krb5_data and in my version the kerberos header file
> krb5.h contains:
>
> typedef struct _krb5_data {
>         krb5_magic magic;
>         int length;
>         char FAR *data;
> } krb5_data;
>
> This is in kerbsrc.zip generated from Unix. I've checked the linux
> headers and the same thing is in there. Maybe there are different
> versions of the source with different types for this field?

I think .length has always been int, at least for MIT KRB5 1.0.6
through 1.2.3.  I haven't done anything on the PC side, except
for cygwin, which would have been the same as Unix.

> I'll just cast it to (int) in the above cases, that should shut the
> compiler up.

Seems reasonable to me.

--
                "My company prefers to have that kind of decision
made by

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Automated List Manager
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_
Support
InterSoft International, Inc.
Voice: 888-823-1541, International 281-398-7060
Fax: 888-823-1542, International 281-560-9170
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.securenetterm.com