Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> Steve:
>
> Which flavor of Kerberos 5 are you using?
> Which release?
>
> I have a feeling the reasons that you are I are seeing different
> warnings is because the types of the fields in different flavors or
> versions are different.
>
> I'm compiling against MIT 1.2.4 which is the current release.
>
> Some of your changes are producing warnings which are of course
> treated as fatal when compiling OpenSSL.

Update on this. I've now got hold of MIT 1.2.4 sources from:

http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/pool/non-US/main/k/krb5

I tested compiling OpenSSL with KRB options under Linux (RHL 6.2) and it
showed no warnings at all (my options are to use the -Wall -pedantic
-Werrors which will halt on error).

Kerberos 1.2.4 sources using the "traditional method" (use a Unix box to
generat kerbsrc.zip) wont compile due to various dependencies being
missing. For example early on it exits with:

>         .\\obj\i386\dbg\wconfig  config < Makefile.in > Makefile
> NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'appl\gss-sample\Makefile.in'
> Stop.

when I deleted these references (and one other which produced a similar
error) it compiled OK. Maybe the Unix part that builds kerbsrc.zip
doesn't include all the files it needs to?

Anyway with the newly compiled 1.2.4 on Windows I then compiled OpenSSL
against it, I did need to manually tweak the Windows makefile to add the
additional include path. Again no problems using the usual "halt on all
warnings" options. This is VC++ 6.0 SP1. However initially I tried to
compile an older snapshot (I hadn't transferred the latest to my Windows
partition) without the latest changes and that did produce a fatal
compilation error.

So its seems OK on my setup, at least as far as compilation is
concerned. What platform are you using?

I have had reports though that the new Kerberos ciphersuites don't
actually work with the latest snapshots, but much older ones do. I'm
investigating that. Has anyone tested if the latest stuff works?

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/
Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]