Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker schrieb:

> Lutz.Jaenicke> > jaenicke> jaenicke    26-Mar-2002 18:15:37
> Lutz.Jaenicke> > jaenicke>
> Lutz.Jaenicke> > jaenicke>   Modified:    .        Tag: OpenSSL_0_9_7-stable CHANGES
> Lutz.Jaenicke> > jaenicke>                crypto/objects Tag: OpenSSL_0_9_7-stable
>obj_dat.h obj_mac.h
> Lutz.Jaenicke> > jaenicke>                         objects.txt
> Lutz.Jaenicke> > jaenicke>   Log:
> Lutz.Jaenicke> > jaenicke>   Make short names of objects RFC2256-compliant.
>
> Well, the thing that you fixed is something I define as a bug, and
> your fix would therefore be a bugfix, which I think should be applied
> to the 0.9.6 branch as well.

This is really dangerous because it breaks index.txt of "openssl ca". If
somebody use 0.9.6 to build LDIF-files for LDAP-servers then all nodes
with a certificate in the LDAP will be duplicated. If you try to revoke
a certificate ia "openssl ca" vwith the "new" 0.9.6 then this fails
because the DNs are not equal.

If you add this patch to 0.9.6 then there must be a really good warning
in the documentation or in the release notes.

Michael
Michael Bell                   Email (private): [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Rechenzentrum - Datacenter     Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Humboldt-University of Berlin  Tel.: +49 (0)30-2093 2482
Unter den Linden 6             Fax:  +49 (0)30-2093 2959
10099 Berlin
Germany                                       http://www.openca.org