This is primary for Ralf and mod_ssl, but this is the
list I'm on and they might be usable to other openssl folk.

A while ago I wrote some code for mod_ssl-2.8.4-1.3.20
that implements the SSLCARequestFile directive.  This
allows explicit control of the CA distinguished names sent
in a client certificate request.  That is, there are cases
where you want these names to differ from the CAs that you trust
with the SSLCACertificateFile directive.  It defaults to the
latter (current behavior) if omitted.  Careful use of this
allows Netscape's "Select Automatically" option to work
properly.

The code is available at

   http://bossie.doit.wisc.edu/code/mod_ssl

You're welcome to it and it would be nice to see it (or equivalent
functionality) included in future mod_ssl releases.

Eric Norman

        "Congress shall make no law restricting the size of integers
        that may be multiplied together, or the number of times that
        an integer may be multiplied by itself, or the modulus by
        which an integer may be reduced".