On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 09:25:00AM +0200, Michael Bell wrote:
> after I found the wrong definitions of SN_surname and SN_serialNumber I
> looked around and find the next problems in crypto/objects/ :
>
> SN_title                "title"                       (now "T")
> SN_description          "description"         (now "D")
> SN_givenName            "gn"                  (now "G")
> SN_initials             "initials"            (now "I")
> LN_uniqueIdentifier     "x500UniqueIdentifier"        (now "uniqueIdentifier")
> SN_rfc822Mailbox        "mail"                        (now "rfc822Mailbox")
> SN_pkcs9_emailAddress   "emailAddress"                (now "Email")
>
> * SN_rfc822Mailbox is not wrong but a short name exists
> * I don't find a short name for SN_pkcs9_emailAddress. The related RFC
> only defines a long name
>
> Is it necessary to check all defines because of the many errors or are
> only common attributes affected (and now fixed)?

To be fair: I never touched this thing before and I am not too familiar
with these RFCs. But obviously nobody else of the team picked up the topic
(yet). I can promise you to add your email to my TODO list, but I cannot
promise you a time until when I will find the time to dig into this
issue...

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/