From: Lutz Jaenicke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Lutz.Jaenicke> On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 09:25:00AM +0200, Michael Bell wrote:
Lutz.Jaenicke> > after I found the wrong definitions of SN_surname and SN_serialNumber
Lutz.Jaenicke> > looked around and find the next problems in crypto/objects/ :
Lutz.Jaenicke> >
Lutz.Jaenicke> > SN_title                "title"                        (now "T")
Lutz.Jaenicke> > SN_description          "description"          (now "D")
Lutz.Jaenicke> > SN_givenName            "gn"                   (now "G")
Lutz.Jaenicke> > SN_initials             "initials"             (now "I")
Lutz.Jaenicke> > LN_uniqueIdentifier     "x500UniqueIdentifier" (now
"uniqueIdentifier")
Lutz.Jaenicke> > SN_rfc822Mailbox        "mail"                 (now "rfc822Mailbox")
Lutz.Jaenicke> > SN_pkcs9_emailAddress   "emailAddress"         (now "Email")
Lutz.Jaenicke> >
Lutz.Jaenicke> > * SN_rfc822Mailbox is not wrong but a short name exists
Lutz.Jaenicke> > * I don't find a short name for SN_pkcs9_emailAddress. The related RFC
Lutz.Jaenicke> > only defines a long name
Lutz.Jaenicke> >
Lutz.Jaenicke> > Is it necessary to check all defines because of the many errors or are
Lutz.Jaenicke> > only common attributes affected (and now fixed)?
Lutz.Jaenicke>
Lutz.Jaenicke> To be fair: I never touched this thing before and I am not too familiar
Lutz.Jaenicke> with these RFCs. But obviously nobody else of the team picked up the
topic
Lutz.Jaenicke> (yet). I can promise you to add your email to my TODO list, but I cannot
Lutz.Jaenicke> promise you a time until when I will find the time to dig into this
Lutz.Jaenicke> issue...

Something to keep mind is that there are other sources of info than
the RFCs.  The set of attribute types presented isn't even necessarely
complete within the modules they present.

Other sources of information are ITU-T docoments (X.nnn), NIST
documents and various others.  Everyone owning an arc within the
private enterprise arc optimally have a document for their arc, but
the's usually less interesting...

--
Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Redakteur@Stacken  \ S-168 35  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.