> > I'm also a bit suspicious about the OIDs of "secp192r1" and "secp256r1".
> > In obj_dat.h they both end up having OID 0. Their corresponding OBJ_
> > macros in obj_mac.h get mapped to OBJ_X9_62_prime{192,256}v1 (of which I
> > suppose they are aliases), though, so it may be OK.
> > I'm not into all the gory details of this magic - it just looked a bit
> > odd to me...
>
> I am not sure about these ones. Bodo Moeller overviewed these changes,
> based on changes submitted by Nils Larsch.
> I have copied them through on this email to receive their comments.

I think it's a bug :-) The SECG Document ( 'SEC 2: Recommended Elliptic
Curves Domain Parameters' , see http://www.secg.org/secg_docs.htm )
assigns new names to the OIDs of the 'prime192v1' and the 'prime256v1'
curves, and assigning two names to one OID can't work. I attached a patch for
the necessary changes in crypto/objects and crypto/ec (, which will remove
the secp{192|256}r1 names).

Nils