Hi!

It seems that some hours ago some more or nice person (or software)
sent out a virus using my email address:
* The From: line is wrong:
  From: "Lutz.Jaenicke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  My full name (which is always inserted by mutt :-) does not contain
  a dot.
* The User-Agent: Header is missing:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
          from apedge.com id HAA00464; Mon, 15 Apr 2002 07:35:57 +0200 (MET DST)
* My HP-UX boxes are not vulnerable to virii infecting M$-systems.
* My mailserver is running Postfix with Amavis. It would not have let pass
  the virus when leaving my site :-)
* The virus scanner did not even let in the infected mail when coming back
  from the mailing list, so I did not even detect myself the somebody
  used my email address...
  (I simply tend to press the "D" button when virus warnings come in with
  respect to mailing lists, because ill configured virus scanners tend to
  spam the mailing lists...)
* Use HP-UX, Linux or another appropriate operating system to reduce your
  risk of getting affected by virii :-)

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/