On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Geoff Thorpe wrote:

> I would personally +1 any proposal to have the listserver block any posts
> that;
>   (a) contain attachments
>   (b) aren't ASCII (ie. block HTML, RTF, etc)
>
> Anyone needing to distribute files can find some other legitimate way to do
> it.

Attachments are often the only way to distribute patches to the list
that don't get munged by the archiving software, so that they remain
available in the list archives. An occasional inappropriate post
shouldn't be enough to change the way the list operates.
                          Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]