From: David Maurus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 7:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Sundaram, Mani; Ghanta, Bose; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: Stratus OpenSSL diffs and test results.

Disclaiemr: I can't by any means give an authorative answer, since I am not
part
of the development team

But I think you should consider the following:

- if you are in the US, you should send every source code contribution in CC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
- I think that it's not so nice to include your own copyright notice in the
diffs where you essentially changed openssl example source code (if that is
the
case - it seems to be so from what I gather by looking at the diff briefly).
If
you want to officially contribute this port, you should be aware that
OpenSSL is
licensed with an Apache Style license.
- In case this port is appreciated by the developers (can't speak for them),
patch against 0.9.7 might be useful, since 0.9.6d won't be change much as it
is
now in beta

Best Regards,
David