On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:

> Not just "can be fixed".  That is what you have to do when you have
> changed the configuration, period.

The patch I submitted got around the problem by making the header files
available even when the algorithm was excluded, so "make depend" wasn't
needed. I would think that if we want the configure script to be robust,
and you want "make depend" to be run, we should uncomment the "make
depend" line in Configure (line 1419 in 0.9.7).

> dkaufman> After running "make depend", the next error is due to lack
> dkaufman> of "bn_sub_part_words". This was addressed in my patch for
> dkaufman> both DJGPP and Cygwin.
>
> Ah, so that's what that is about.
>
> Tell me something, do you get those same errors when you configure
> without excluding any algorithm (basically, just a plain "./config")?
> If not, it might be worth looking into what gets different with the
> exclusions...

I've never tried compiling with all algorithms included. I'll try to
make a compilation tomorrow.
                              Doug
__
Doug Kaufman