[[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Thu May  9 22:13:32 2002]:

> I am trying to compile on a 64 bit Suse sles7 powerpc system.
> the error message indicates
>
> -m486
>
> is an invalid compiler parameter. Anyone know the parameters I need to
give
> ./config to
> get it to work for 64 bit Suse on a powerpc????
>
> below are the results from running ./config without parameters and the
> results from running the make command.

> Operating system: ppc64-whatever-linux2
> Configuring for linux-elf

Obviously "config" mistakenly selects the "linux-elf" target that is
used for x86 platforms. (This is a bug that has to be fixed.)

Configure also contains an entry for "linux-ppc", I however don't know
whether it is suitable for 64bit PowerPC.
Please try "Configure linux-ppc" directly instead of calling "config"
and keep us updated, whether it works out.

Best regards,
        Lutz