Hi Jeffrey:

>Are you sure your problem is in OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms() and not a
>call to RAND_poll()?  Many of the methods used in RAND_poll() to
>collect random data are incompatible with COM when called from within
>DLL initializers.

Yes, I have seen it to happen several times in my debugger.I have the problematic code
inside a try-catch and I see clearly an exception delivered when execution reaches
OpenSSL_add_all_algoritms().
And it isn't the first time this happens to me.Other program I made had a very similar
problem (also using COM ) but that time I fixed moving my calls to OpenSSL_add... to
be called only one time.

I would like to give you a piece of this code, but the calls are so nested and in so
many places that it woldn't be useful.

I wonder it there would be a method to select only desired ciphers and digests
(OpenSLL_add_all_algoritms() would be excessive) in DLLEntryPoint(), called at loading
program only one time.

Thank you

 Pablo J. Royo