Take a look at the source code for OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms().  For
each cipher there is a block of code to initialize it.  Simply
initialize the ones you want in your code.  There is no requirement
that OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms() be called.

Although, I would be interested in where the exception is being
generated.  Since you are in a debugger, can you present the stack
trace for libeay32.dll when built with debug info?

> Hi Jeffrey:
>
> >Are you sure your problem is in OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms() and not a
> >call to RAND_poll()?  Many of the methods used in RAND_poll() to
> >collect random data are incompatible with COM when called from within
> >DLL initializers.
>
> Yes, I have seen it to happen several times in my debugger.I have the problematic
>code inside a try-catch and I see clearly an exception delivered when execution
>reaches OpenSSL_add_all_algoritms().
> And it isn't the first time this happens to me.Other program I made had a very
>similar problem (also using COM ) but that time I fixed moving my calls to
>OpenSSL_add... to be called only one time.
>
> I would like to give you a piece of this code, but the calls are so nested and in so
>many places that it woldn't be useful.
>
> I wonder it there would be a method to select only desired ciphers and digests
>(OpenSLL_add_all_algoritms() would be excessive) in DLLEntryPoint(), called at
>
> Thank you
>
>  Pablo J. Royo

 Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer      Kermit 95 1.1.21  available now!!!
 The Kermit Project @ Columbia University   SSH plus Telnet, FTP and HTTP
 http://www.kermit-project.org/             secured with Kerberos, SRP, and
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]                OpenSSL.