I'll make an orthoganal comment. IANAL but it is so sad when ppl become afraid to do
anything because of the percived threats from the lawyers.

I read "Free as in Freedom" today, a biography of Richard Stallman.  First I've always
been impressed with Stallman from a number of standpoints.  Second, I admire him
because he was never afraid to stand up for his principals.  We need to remember this
when we look at the threats that we face.

The book is worthy of your time to read it.  But there is a quote in there... I can't
find it!  The gist is that if you are not willing to fight for your freedoms you will
lose them.

The bottom line (IANAL) is that you can use whatever you want with no worries.  The
restrictions derive from the idea that you are working with "munitions" and that you
must not "export" anything from the US.  A webserver doing e-commerce is noted as an
exception since the only thing that it exports via whatever encryption is a bill.
Congress found it acceptable to export bills with strong encription.  Go figure.

I have never encountered anything that will limit you.  You just should not "export"
anything.  It is permissable to "use" anything but you must not put up on your server
for instance that "this program that my server mates with can be found here on my
server".  You can say "this program that my program mates with can be found on that
server in Brisbane in Australia".  Even though these are in fact the same programs
(written in australia) .. this is where openssl was born with Eric Young and Tim
Hudson.

BTW - If you are a charity then you probably don't have assets and you cannot be
sued... Well - who cares... SO if you have no money what are you worried about?  (I am
SURE to recieve flack over this cynical comment!).  I could be even more cynical but I
will excersize restraint.