I'm building OpenSSL 0.9.6g on MacOS 9, using the CodeWarrior 8 compiler.
I've found three minor compilation problems.

In MacSocket.cp & MacSocket.h, the buffer parameter for MacSocket_send
is declared "void *" when it should be "const void *".

In randfile.c, the macro NO_SYS_TYPES_H is used before openssl/e_os.h
is included.  For mac builds, NO_SYS_TYPES_H is defined in e_os.h.
Perhaps it should be defined instead in the prefix files, or maybe the
order of the inclusions in randfile.c is wrong.

And finally, idea_lcl.h has, according to the IDE, "inconsistent line
endings."  Apparently this confuses the compiler as well, because when
the macro E_IDEA is expanded, the compiler erroneously leaves in the
last three backslashes.  Normalizing the line endings allows i_cbc.c to
compile.

                                                --Lisa Lippincott