Hello,

I picked up openssl-0.9.7-stable-SNAP-20020831 last night so I could
get the OCSP functions, and I found a slight problem in it.

doing "perl Configure VC-WIN32" works fine, but when doing "nmake -f
ms\ntdll.mak", when it gets down to the point to link everything to
gther to create openssl.exe, it fails because X509_REQ_print_ex can't
be found.

A little digging revealed that ms\libeay32.def is the problem -
X509_REQ_print_ex is not given a number so therefor it isn't being
exported.  Simply adding the line "X509_REQ_print_ex @9999" under the
EXPORTS will fix it (or any other number that isn't already in use).

Instead of using *.def files when producing DLLs under Windows, I would
like to suggest doing soemthing like this:

#if defined(VC_WIN32) /* I doubt the is the real define */
#   define WIN32DLLEXPORT   _declspec(dllexport)
#else
#   define WIN32DLLEXPORT
#endif /* defined(VC_WIN32) */

And then adding WIN32DLLEXPORT to function definitions where necessary.
Foexeamble in crypto\x509\x509.h lin 1019 instead of:

int X509_REQ_print_ex(BIO *bp, X509_REQ *x, unsigned long nmflag,
unsigned long cflag);

you'd have

int WIN32DLLEXPORT X509_REQ_print_ex(BIO *bp, X509_REQ *x, unsigned
long nmflag, unsigned long cflag);

and crypto\asn1\t_req.c line 85 instead of:

int X509_REQ_print_ex(BIO *bp, X509_REQ *x, unsigned long nmflags,
unsigned long cflag)

it would be

int WIN32DLLEXPORT X509_REQ_print_ex(BIO *bp, X509_REQ *x, unsigned
long nmflags, unsigned long cflag)

If _declspec(dllexport) is used like this, then I believe a *.def file
should no longer be necessary necessary in the VC-WIN32 build
environment. (Probably for the Borland environment, too, since it
generally sticks close to whatever MSVC does for portability's sake.)

I hope this suggestion is helpful & useful.
--


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance - Get real-time stock quotes
http://finance.yahoo.com
______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
Development Mailing List                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Automated List Manager                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to