On Mon, Sep 02, 2002, Cory Albrecht wrote:

> Hello,
> 
> I picked up openssl-0.9.7-stable-SNAP-20020831 last night so I could
> get the OCSP functions, and I found a slight problem in it.
> 
> doing "perl Configure VC-WIN32" works fine, but when doing "nmake -f
> ms\ntdll.mak", when it gets down to the point to link everything to
> gther to create openssl.exe, it fails because X509_REQ_print_ex can't
> be found.
> 
> A little digging revealed that ms\libeay32.def is the problem -
> X509_REQ_print_ex is not given a number so therefor it isn't being
> exported.  Simply adding the line "X509_REQ_print_ex @9999" under the
> EXPORTS will fix it (or any other number that isn't already in use).
> 

Occasionally someone forgets to do a 'make update' when a new function is
added, in this case me :-)

An automatic fix is mentioned in the INSTALL.W32 file, running:

perl util\mkdef.pl crypto ssl update

> Instead of using *.def files when producing DLLs under Windows, I would
> like to suggest doing soemthing like this:
> 
> #if defined(VC_WIN32) /* I doubt the is the real define */
> #   define WIN32DLLEXPORT   _declspec(dllexport)
> #else
> #   define WIN32DLLEXPORT
> #endif /* defined(VC_WIN32) */
> 
> And then adding WIN32DLLEXPORT to function definitions where necessary.
> Foexeamble in crypto\x509\x509.h lin 1019 instead of:
> 

I think there's a comment on one of the MS KBs that you still need DEF
files to maintain binary compatibility among different versions of
the DLLs, so that the ordinals are consistent.

Steve.
--
Dr. Stephen Henson      [EMAIL PROTECTED]            
OpenSSL Project         http://www.openssl.org/~steve/
______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
Development Mailing List                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Automated List Manager                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to