> appro> And even more generally how is it with PIC under Windows
> appro> anyway? Is it an issue?
>
> I've gotten the impression so far that PIC isn't an issue in Windows.

On the second thought I cam to realize that that form of lea instruction
can't be used in PIC... One has to use mov... But then I can't use
&DWP... On the other hand linker can replace lea with mov... I wish
someone could just say how things are and what is "The Right Thing(TM)"
Can anybody do better that "impression?" A.