On Tue, Jan 14, 2003, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker via RT wrote:

> I just test, with OpenSSL 0.9.7a-dev (fresh checkout), the command to
> generate a self-signed cerificate according to the example in
> x509.pod:
>
>   openssl x509 -in cert.pem -addtrust sslclient \
>           -alias "Steve's Class 1 CA" -out trust.pem
>
> I expected it to fail because it wouldn't find those files.  However,
> the error was more of an unexpected one:
>
>   Invalid trust object value sslclient
>
> And I can't quite blame it, I can't really see where that object would
> find itself into the object database.  What am I missing?

You are missing the fact that I'd just finished fighting with the certificate
purpose and trust setting code when I wrote that.

The first draft said something like "surdie nurdle furdle fungle" which made
perfect sense to me at the time..

Steve.
--
Dr. Stephen Henson      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
OpenSSL Project         http://www.openssl.org/~steve/