[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Mon Nov 17 14:49:59 2003]:

> "Lutz Jaenicke via RT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> > Hmm. Between OpenSSL 0.9.6 and 0.9.7, the following change was made
> > (see the corresponding util/libeay.num files):
> > OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms              508     EXIST::FUNCTION:
> > became
> > OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms              508   NOEXIST::FUNCTION:
> >
> > If your version of wget was built against 0.9.6 and you are using a
> > library built from 0.9.7 or later, this failure can be explained.
>
> I build everything from openssl-SNAP-20031103.tar.gz.
> BTW I assume this is the 0.9.8 snapshot, but having 5 snapshot
> is kinda confusing.
>
> OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms() is a macro in crypto/evp/evp.h so
> it AFAICS isn't added to the output according to the debug.
> "perl util/mkdef.pl debug 32 libeay":
>
> #INFO::;#INFO::;#INFO::;"
> DEBUG: $_="#define OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms()
> OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf()
> "
> DEBUG: $def="
>
> > however don't know what this would have to do with running
> "detached"
> > (whatever this term might mean for Win32...)
>
> Running detached on Win32 is similar to "prog .. &" on Unix/bash.

If your binary has a reference to the OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms()
ordinal (dumpbin should show this) then it either isn't being compiled
against the right headers (0.9.6 or earlier) or it isn't including the
header at all, in which case it will never see the macro.

If you aren't getting an error during linking then its possible the
import library is out of date (libeay32.lib)

Now if this works in one context but not another then I'd say that one
is picking up libeay32.dll from 0.9.6 and the other 0.9.7 or later. This
will depend on the Win32 DLL directories which IIRC depend on PATH, the
current directory and a few standard places.

Steve.