On Thu, Dec 18, 2003, Michael Bell wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> there is a draft for a technical corrigendum of X.509.
>
> http://www.pki-page.info/download/N12599.doc
>
> Does somebody have an idea how to integrate the replacement of
> nonRepudiation by contentCommitment seamlessly into OpenSSL? I'm a
> little bit surprised that such an old and established standard is
> subject of such a basic change.

Well it appears the only change as far as OpenSSL is concerned is that the
name of the bit has changed. It's easy enough to change that in
crypto/x509v3/v3_bitst.c  That would break existing config files and
anything which parses the output of the X509v3 print routines: something which
I've strongly advised against several times but some people still do it.

The current code doesn't support two different names for the same bit (if you
add two it will misbehave and print out both names) but its easy enough to
change.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.