In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:50:20 +0100, "Dr. Stephen
Henson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

steve> On Thu, Dec 18, 2003, Michael Bell wrote:
steve>
steve> > Hi all,
steve> >
steve> > there is a draft for a technical corrigendum of X.509.
steve> >
steve> > http://www.pki-page.info/download/N12599.doc
steve> >
steve> > Does somebody have an idea how to integrate the replacement of
steve> > nonRepudiation by contentCommitment seamlessly into OpenSSL? I'm a
steve> > little bit surprised that such an old and established standard is
steve> > subject of such a basic change.
steve> >
steve>
steve> Well it appears the only change as far as OpenSSL is concerned
steve> is that the name of the bit has changed. It's easy enough to
steve> change that in crypto/x509v3/v3_bitst.c  That would break
steve> existing config files and anything which parses the output of
steve> the X509v3 print routines: something which I've strongly
steve> advised against several times but some people still do it.
steve>
steve> The current code doesn't support two different names for the
steve> same bit (if you add two it will misbehave and print out both
steve> names) but its easy enough to change.

I wouldn't hurry, since this is just a draft, and if I read a certain
comment in ietf-pkix properly, there may be diverging opinions on this
particular issue.

-----
You don't have to be rich, a $10 donation is appreciated!

--
Richard Levitte   \ Tunnlandsvägen 3  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  \ S-168 36  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.