The attached patch causes serial numbers to default to the current time,
significantly reducing the chance of duplicate serial numbers from a
given issuer.  I have filed the necessary TSA notification.

Mozilla gets a constant stream of problem reports caused by
OpenSSL-generated certs with duplicate serial numbers.  We would much
appreciate you could fix this non-standards-conforming behavior,
preferably by integrating this patch.